Tuesday, May 20, 2008

PODCASTS




I think podcasts are a lot of fun. I didn't realize they were used so much by libraries.
I could see my library using them for the obvious things like storytime for kids.Which seemed to be the most prevalent use of them in the other libraries I checked. Also our oral history tapes could be put on podcasts and as I suggested before with the YouTube videos: author talks. Also just a wrap up of library news would be useful and a promotion of the library in general. Our local history section often gives walking tours of our area that could easily be made into Podcasts as would lessons on how to use the internet.
On the computer I was looking at when I listened to different libraries podcasts there was a picture of a dancing sheep that would change when clicked on to various funky costumes, It was so simple it was like a DOS illustration that would have been state of the art in the eighties. At first I thought it was linked to a library but It came up for everything and was a bit visually tiresome. Where did it come from? I am mystified.
I've never done the podcast thing but I am seriously thinking about getting hooked up to it. I am particularly interested in the author talks about Graham Greene and Evelyn Waugh I saw on the British library site. On the Yahoo site it seemed to be mainly pop songs.
I've got to get an ipod.
cheers


No comments: